- Download [this] (http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/5170843/chromeos-image-999.999.32309.211410-a1.vmdk.bz2.5170843.TPB.torrent)torrent.
- This will contain a .tar.bz2 file. Unzip it using WinRAR or 7Zip (on windows), Linux supports it natively.
- You will get a file chromeos-image-999.999.32309.211410-a1.vmdk. Virtual Machine Disk Format on VMWare but VirtualBox also supports this format.
- Install Virtual Box. HowTo — Windows | Linux
- Now, in the VirtualBox, click New > Name your OS and select Operating System: Linux; Version: Ubuntu
- Set the RAM. (1GB is recommended)
- Now in Virtual Hard Disk, select Use Existing HardDisk and Browse.
- A new window will open, click Add and add the .vmdk file you just downloaded there. Click Select after adding it.
- The finish the whole thing and you are done!
- Start your Chrome OS using VirtualBox main window.
Note: This is a developer build We can expect more improved features in the official release some time next year.
I have also attached some screen shots!
If you are a developer, you can also build the source code on Ubuntu. Get more information here.
Source: Tech Source from Bohol
And I Don’t Like It!